Aadil got his first dose of COVISHIELD at BIMS, Belagavi and he shares his experience on how to find the slots and how to schedule the appointment, and what has to be done at the vaccination center.
He had got confirmation for 9 AM Tuesday for 18 to 44 yrs category via COWIN.
Reached BIMS at 8.30. Had to wait till 10.15 to get into the vaccination center. Once in, the process was quick – in and out in 20 mins.
Here’s how it works based on my experience for folks trying to get their first dose of vaccination in Belagavi:
1) Register via the COWIN portal – https://www.cowin.gov.in/home and get appointment
2) Goto the designated centre and form a queue. Go at least 30 mins in advance to avoid big queue.
3) Keep your SMS confirmation and secret code handy once you’re let in to the vaccination centre
4) Once they let you in, go to the Registration Counter, state your full name. When prompted for your secret code, share with them and get the vaccination slip.
5) Take vaccination slip and proceed to the vaccination room
6) Get your vaccine in the vaccination room and exit.
Tip: Avoid going in the morning 9 AM slot as I did as most people turn up then. I had to wait from 8.30 AM [time I reached] till 10.15 am – for 1 hour and 45 mins just to get into the vaccination centre. Going in the afternoon might help as the rush would have subsided..
Please use the Paytm app to set up Vaccination Alerts. As soon as you get an alert via Paytm, immediately book it. If you don’t book in 60 seconds, the slots will run out is what I’ve observed. (590001 for BIMS)
Use the Paytm app only to get alerted when slots open up. The booking of the slot will have to be done via cowin.gov.in or the Arogya setu app.